PHP Mail Issue

quackweb

Verified User
Help! PHP Mail is NOT working properly! It will send an email to any domain on the server but it cannot send mail to any domain off the server. Any idea? I need this fixed ASAP! Thanks for any advice!

Tried multiple steps to solve problem with no success. I have tried to recompile php, no luck. Did up2date for sendmail, no luck. The mail() function is my only php function that is not working correctly, any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

I honestly have no idea why it would do that, have you checked your maillog after sending the mail using the function.. It sounds like the problem is not php if you get mail internally.

Also - you dont want or need sendmail - remove it from chkconfig and turn it off - then restart exim to ensure that is running.

Chris

Hello,

If the mail() function exists and php isn't throwing an error, then the problem is with the exim setup. If a domain has been added to the server, in no case will mail be able to leave the server as long as the domain is in the /etc/virtual/domains file, *even if the MX records point elsewhere*. I've added a feature in 1.20.6 that allows users to remove their domain from that file by going to the the MX records screen and setting it to not use the local mailsystem.

John

Thanks for the replay John but I figured it out myself right before I got it =) It looks like when i changed the hostname from whatcanbehere.com to air.whatcanbehere.com something got screwy and when I got an error from a perl script as well, I figured it had to be sendmail. I changed it back to whatcanbehere.com and everything is working fine. Maybe it's a potential bug?

Did your new hostname resolve.. ie did you add an A record for it? if it didn't that would more than likely be the reason behind your problems.

Chris

Back