Nice, new Forum but...

Shark

Verified User
I checked "remember me" but it doesn't. I looked a little in the UserCP section for a switch but did not see one. What's it take to remember me so I don't have to constantly sign in?

Dave~

I've moved the thread to Off-Topic Discussion; it's really not a thread about DA.

But it's an important thread.

For example, I've only been able to remember my username, not my password. It appears to be incompatible with the way Firefox saves passwords as well :( .

Jeff

I am using http://www.directadmin.com/forums and I have to keep logging in, at a guess it seems to force log me out after 24 hours. I will try clearing out all old cookies incase there is a conflict.

Also is there a way to make it so I can use quick reply without having to click on quick reply to this post button?

Thanks for the hint and sorry about starting the thread in the wrong area. I use this forum as my default homepage. I was going to set it to http://www.directadmin.com/forums but that's what it already is. It does NOT remember me. I have many more projects where I can be remembered so it's hard to believe it's one of my settings.

ok how? I was expecting you to tell me if you knew.

I checked the usercp options.

Yeah, same thing here. I always thought it was a FF issue, I even JUST removed the password from the passwords list and tried adding it again.

This may sound silly but sometimes the obvious is overlooked. You are checking the Remember Me? checkbox to the right of the username and password that you enter aren't you? If you just type in your username and password and hit enter it will log you in but not place the proper cookie.

Vbulletin is Fabulous! I am so glad that DA finally upgraded to VB 3. The Search function alone is worth any inconvenience you might be having with the way it looks. DO you realize that when you search now you can specify that it show you the POST and not just the THREAD that your search finds?

I can't count the number of times that a search in VB 2 resulted in a thread with 20 pages of posts. It seemed like every one of them :p.

My only complaint is that they have the Edit Avatars turned off for users in the Control Panel. Or if it's there I'm not finding it. I've had the same Avatar for waaay too long. I was thinking of going cool and slick with no avatar like so many do now....

Oh well. Beam me up!

Last edited:
yes I am, since a week or so ago it has been fine, I suspect it was a setting in the admin part of vbulletin and this has been fixed now.

I accept cookies. I know how to configure a browser. I know how to check a box. It DOES NOT WORK for me (using IE 7). There are dozens of other user/pass combos that work just fine, many forums I watch- this is the ONLY ONE that does not remember and worked just fine before the vBulletin upgrade. Regardless of the importance of this topic, there IS A PROBLEM with this forum remembering AND it is a pain in the a$$ typing the info in when this forum is your homepage and you're here a lot.

Nope. Not for me. I even tried logging in and logging out to clear the cookie/info and clearing IE7 stuff and making sure settings were on default. This sux...

EDIT: (IE7) Internet Options >>> Browsing History >>> Delete >>> Delete EVERYTHING. You will lose cookies and such but it finally works...

Last edited:
Back