Ecommstats integration

prophecy

Verified User
We have been looking to offer Ecommstats to DirectAdmin customers to offer more advanced statistics including ecommerce stats for people running ecommerce sites. As well as being able to see real-time visitor information and that type of thing.

More information at http://www.ecommstats.com

Would anybody be interested in this feature?

I can't navigate around your website... the java drop-down menus look great on Mozilla 1.2.1 on my RHL 9 desktop, but they don't function. Clicking on them doesn't do anything.

Using the Konqueror browser the menus drop down, but then when I move the cursor down through them, the drop-down menus just disappear.

Sorry, I can't tell what you're offering.

Jeff

jlasman said:
I can't navigate around your website... the java drop-down menus look great on Mozilla 1.2.1 on my RHL 9 desktop, but they don't function. Clicking on them doesn't do anything.

Using the Konqueror browser the menus drop down, but then when I move the cursor down through them, the drop-down menus just disappear.

Sorry, I can't tell what you're offering.

Jeff

Ouch, you're kidding, thanks for the heads up.

Alrighty, we got those menus fixed stat, so hopefully you can get in now.

It still doesn't work on Mozilla (which is supposed to be the most standards-compliant browser there is), but it does work on Konqueror, so we can see it <smile>.

Problem as I see it is you're not offering a product we can run on our DA syustems, but rather a service you want to sell us.

If that's true, then you're spamming us and shouldn't be posting here.

This is not a place to sell products, but rather to discuss third-party software that works with Direct Admin.

Please clarify for us.

Thanks.

Jeff

Works with Moz Firebird (so did the previous version), but I guess your moz is fairly old considernig it's 1.2 and it's at 1.6 now. And you don't actually need to use the menus, can just click the section and go from there.

But anyways, yes, it's a service that would act like a product running on your DA system. Or at least that's how we envision it, so just like seeing your webalizer stats, you would be able to go to Ecommstats stats for more advanced information. Could even tie stats into other screens like DA screen showing bandwidth usage could also show visitor usage beside it. That type of thing.

And I don't see how you classify spam based on whether it's a product that you buy and install or a service that you use.

The forum we're in is called:

DirectAdmin Forums > Modifications / Add-ons > 3rd Party Software > Ecommstats integration

And since it's not an add-on but a third party product that has nothing to do with DirectAdmin, imho, personalizing your note by saying it can be used by DirectAdmin people doesn't mean it's a proper post for this forum.

However, I'm not the moderator; it'll be up to them to decide.

Jeff

Mark said I should post it here, so I'm pretty sure it's alright, if anything, these posts about whether this post should be on here should be removed since they have nothing to do with the thread.

And it would be an add-on, just like any other add-on.

From what I can tell, prophecy is trying to measure response to the product and consider integration (at least through skins). A question stated as "Is there any demand for our product integrated into DA?" is acceptable. If the product is to be sold as a completely seperate piece of software, without the authors providing integration options (e.g. a custom skin), then it would be an inappropriate advertisement. I don't see a foul here.

We must also keep in mind that some 3rd party software may not be DirectAdmin related at all, but has the potential to conflict with DirectAdmin (e.g. any software that modifies the same services DirectAdmin does). It would be perfectly fine to discuss/troubleshoot the software in this forum.

So, to get back on topic, would anyone be interested in enhanced commercial stats application ?

Mark

DirectAdmin Sales said:
So, to get back on topic, would anyone be interested in enhanced commercial stats application ?

To be honest... i'm more than happy with urchin and can get licenses for servers we sell and use at very good prices..............a slight fraction of the normal cost :)

Chris

Back