Requirements for virtual domains

RawG

Hi everyone,

If someone could just answer this for me, or point me somewhere the info is outlined, I'd really appriciate it...

I just wanted to know if when setting up virtual domains under DA, does each domain require a unique IP address for e-mail delivery to work properly?

Also, are virtual domain e-mail address's handled in a similar way to qmail, in that you have one system account for each virtual, but can then have unlimited address's at the domain without having to add more system accounts for each new user?

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to answer my poorly composed question :p

Regards,

Aidan

RawG said:
I just wanted to know if when setting up virtual domains under DA, does each domain require a unique IP address for e-mail delivery to work properly?
Nope. You only really need 1 IP# per box, unless you're going to have multiple anonymous ftp accounts or multiple secure sites.
Also, are virtual domain e-mail address's handled in a similar way to qmail, in that you have one system account for each virtual, but can then have unlimited address's at the domain without having to add more system accounts for each new user?
Similar. [email protected] and [email protected] are treated as two different email accounts, neither of which appear as users in /etc/passwd. Users log in with their complete email address as their username, i.e., [email protected].

Jeff

Back