Need Help in Windows GD2 Installation!

Just install GD2 so that the problems go away.

(This message left vague on purpose to show you what its like when no details are given to help us help you. Details include error messages, commands you are running, what you are using, etc.)

Sorry guys for being abit late in response I got caught up with some other issues. I have actually installed apache and php on my windows pc and now i want to use the GD2 extension in order to create images on the fly. To do this I am using imagevue gallery and the admin features require to have have GD2 support in order to create thumbs on the fly.

I haven't done anything with GD2, I only uncommented the GD2 extension line from the php.ini file and copied the php_gd2.dll into windows/system32 folder. Even after doing this it doesn't seem to be working, for some reason its just coming to me as if the recent versions of php does not support GD2 (but i think i am wrong, atleast i hope so).

I have given a link to the phpinfo() data in my first post, so could anyone help me out in installing this extension please.

Last edited:
Ok so this is being done on windows, you need to go to http://www.libgd.org/Downloads and download the windows dll file. After that I have no idea, I have never installed it onto windows but I guess you just install it into windows IIS or maybe add on as extension in php.ini.

thanks a lot for the help, after reading your reply I went on to find a solution for the problem. It turned out that the path to my php.ini was missing and the server was ponting to C:/Windows directory where php.ini was never saved.

So, in order to update the path for the server to find php.ini I inserted a line in the apache configuration file httpd.conf and that line is as follow:

PHPIniDir "C:/php/"

There was it everything is perfect now and GD2 is also working, its a strange behaviour that even the server was not ablt to find the files path as the installation was manual, but php was still working at that time aswell except the extensions though.

Now that it has been sorted, I will be using ti for my flash gallery which needs it to creat thumbs.

Thanks a lot.

Back