FreeBSD Version?

dbeyers

Are there any plans for a FreeBSD version to be released? Is there anything that is actually stopping the current version from working on something other than the horrid red hat?

How can I go about downloading an evaluation copy?

I am waiting on a FreeBSD version as well. Yes, they are working on one. I think they hope to have it in beta in a few weeks. :)

I don't think there is a evaluation copy of this software. But not 100% sure..

Then, if they can set DA to work with central name servers, I will be loving this CP!! Not like I don't already.. ;)

Twintone said:
Then, if they can set DA to work with central name servers, I will be loving this CP!! Not like I don't already.. ;)

You can alread if you setup zone transfers.. You'll of course have to run a master copy on each server but just mirror those new zones to your main NS's and that should take care of it for you.. Its just setting up bind to allow it...

Interesting... I know bind pretty well, but my partner is a bind/dns wizard, I am surprised he didn't think of that. I will look into it.. thanks for the idea.. ;)

I would like to know how it is going with the FreeBSD release. Cause I would like to start using DirectAdmin asap.

The Prohacker said:
I'd add this tutorial on hidden DNS.

Unfortunately the url is quite long because the original appears to have disappeared from the 'net and I'm pointing to Google's cached version.

The forum software shows a shortened version of it on the screen but clicking on it gets you to the right place :) ...

http://216.239.57.104/search?q=cach....html+hidden+master+nameserver&hl=en&ie=UTF-8[/url]

Jeff

Throw us a bone here guys. Is a FreeBSD still one of your top priorities or did it get put off indefinitely? I would love to give it a whirl even if it is not completely perfect yet.

Hello,

It is our top priority for large scale items. We will still put minor updates, bugfixes and support requests above freebsd. Right now, the DirectAdmin program itself is compeletly done, we just require the installer for all of the other services. Basically just learning the pkg_create system (pretty much done that).. so I can get to creating the packages and combining into the installer.

Basically, if I had a full week to myself, it would be done, but the support requests just never stop, so it gets a bit distracting :)

John

:) This is a notice to all current DirectAdmin users......there are to be NO support tickets or bug reports for at least 7 days so John can get to work on the FreeBSD system :)

Last edited:
How did you like the /home/{username}/mysql idea ;)

Actually heck. I'm going to post it publicly. :D

(This topic is officially offtopicized.)

Back