Possible blacklist of recipients (domains)?

interfasys

Verified User
Disabling the MX, etc, doesn't prevent the delivery of emails when a domain is an alias of a domain with a working mail system.

Would it be possible to have exim check whether a domain is allowed to receive emails (whitelist) or whether it isn't (blacklist).

I checked the lists via the Exim plugin because I thought we already had that, I hope I'm not missing something as I haven't checked the files on the server recently.

Cheers,

Disabling the MX, etc, doesn't prevent the delivery of emails when a domain is an alias of a domain with a working mail system.
Disabling MX never prevents the delivery of mail; the RFCs permit sending of email to A record IP# as a last resort.
Would it be possible to have exim check whether a domain is allowed to receive emails (whitelist) or whether it isn't (blacklist).
I believe it can. A blocklist would be a lot easier to implement, because a whitelist would require that DA populate another list. Or perhaps use /etc/virtual/domains as the key for a whitelist? That would be dangerous though; I don't think that should be left for plugin management; it's too easy to break a lot.

Just how important is this? How many people want it?
I checked the lists via the Exim plugin because I thought we already had that, I hope I'm not missing something as I haven't checked the files on the server recently.
Nope, it's not included now.

Jeff

Thanks for your answer Jeff. Let's hope other people also need this, so that it can become an official mod.
From my understanding it should be fairly easy to do, no?
One file to add and the modification of an existing filter (preferably at the SMTP connection level).

Back