How to turn off webalizer?

markeu

Verified User
I have the newest version of DA. I havent found answer to my question in search.

HOw do you turn off webalizer in DA?
It uses too much resources, and i have a lot of visitors - so it makes databases crash from time to time.

Thank you for your help.

Code:
# vi /etc/cron.d/directadmin_cron

Find and comment this line (add # at the beginning):
Code:
10 0 * * * root echo 'action=tally&value=all' >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue
Save the file and restart the crond daemon:
Code:
service crond restart

Good luck!

thanks a lot smtalk

Could you please go into some more step by step details. I am not very experianced with servers.

But if you don't have time, i will show your post to my tech guy.

thanks again

It's hard to explain VIM usage :) You should use google for it. Other steps are explained enough.

honestly, does this really turn off webalizer or just makes webalizer stop posting the results?

Webalizer isn't a daemon so there's no way to turn it off. It's not on.

By commenting out the line shown you're telling webalizer not to run any updates.

The results from old runs are simple html files. You can delete them if you don't need them, but they don't use any resources (except the small amount of resources people use looking at them).

Jeff

Removing that cron is good to stop webalizer but I thought it stopped rotating the httpd logs aswell in which case a busy site can't afford to do that as the logs would simply grow to big.

Back