how to upgrade server

markeu

Verified User
hi

my system is overloaded even after i added additional GB of RAM and turned off webalizer. My dedicated server provider recommanded me to take 1 more server or change to a server with 2 CPUs. Which option is better?

Also if i take one more server: how can i make them work as one? (or whatever i have to do)

thanks you all for helping (i am new with servers)

mark

I don't think we know enough about your site(s) to tell you which is a better option.

However, DirectAdmin is desgned to manage one or more websites on one server, using it on multiple servers to serve one site isn't supported. You'd have to hire an administrator to manage that for you, or do a lot of learning.

To start, what do you mean by overloaded?

Jeff

I don't think we know enough about your site(s) to tell you which is a better option.

However, DirectAdmin is desgned to manage one or more websites on one server, using it on multiple servers to serve one site isn't supported. You'd have to hire an administrator to manage that for you, or do a lot of learning.

To start, what do you mean by overloaded?

Jeff

Overloaded:
some details from my server:
Processor Name Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz
Vendor ID GenuineIntel
Processor Speed (MHz) 2793.202
Processor Name Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz
Vendor ID GenuineIntel
Processor Speed (MHz) 2793.202
Total Memory 2069320 kB
Free Memory 52120 kB

mysql keeps crashing, no data from databases is shown - we are talking about severat 1000 users/hour (1 high trafic domain name and 3 with a few 1000 / day alltogether)

in direct admin you have "multi server setup" under "admin tools" - this is probably what i need to use

thanks

Multi-server setup is only for DNS replication. It doesn't do anything else.

Why does MySQL crash? What kind of errors do you get?

Can you post the output of the first lines from your top command?

Jeff

Back