Question about email accounts

Apver

Under a user control panel, I can go to the E-Mail accounts section, then to the POP3 E-Mail accounts. From there I created several accounts for several other people to use.

I was wondering if there was any way that these people could login and change their own email settings (such as password, forwarding, vacation, autoresponders) without being able to change any other settings?

For example, on Ensim, after creating other email accounts, the email account can login and change only their specific email account settings.

At the moment theres only the 3 levels - admin, reseller and user, the idea of a 4th level (emails, subdomains etc) has been considered and I think it *may* be on the todo list... for now im just waiting for RHEL :D

Excellent!

That works out pretty well. It pretty much does the one thing I would hope it could do.

I appreciate it and thanks!

This works VERY well for it's intended purpose, but I have a specific question.

We have a govt website that we assign email only accts for... I can give them the change password page, but it redirects to the DA login page when it's completed.

Is there a way to change the redirect upon successful password changes?

or is there a way to automatically close the window (without showing the da login) after successful change?

I don't want the users to even THINK about entering the da control panel...

Thanks for any advice/tips you can offer.

Joe

Hello,

Yes, you can add a redirect after the change, just add a form value called "redirect"..
Code:
<form ...>
<intput type=hidden name=redirect value="http://redirect.com/page.html">
</form>
If you want the window to close, then you can put the required javascript on the redirected page.html.

John

When I test the change password field on a users POP3 email account, they are redirected to the DirectAdmin control panel WITHOUT having to login. My concern here is that a user will change their password then have full access to the DA control panel for their account....did I do something wrong?

I also noticed that when i submit the password change a box pops up asking me to confirm which account I am changing - it lists all of the POP3 usernames inculding the reseller login name and it looks like you can change any of them?

Thanks,

G

Last edited:
Please explain further, complete with URL. You may obfuscate the URL to hide your domain if you wish, but I'd like to see where you're going and duplicate what you're doing.

Jeff

Hi Jeff, thanks for the reply. Here are more specifics.

The main reseller username is gsilverman and the main domain is geckodesigns.com

Try this link:
http://www.geckodesigns.com:2222/CMD_CHANGE_EMAIL_PASSWORD

You can basically enter anything in all the fields and on submit you'll see a popup which lists our reseller username as well as a few random (not all of them are listed) users who have unrelated accounts with us.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

G

Have you tried it from a different desktop system or a different network or ISP?

The reason I ask is because I can't make it happen.

When I enter my own email address I get "domain does not exist". When I enter a nonexistent email address at your domain I get "Invalid Username or Password".

Jeff

I think you're right - that's very strange. It isn't happening at other systems.

When we do a successful password change it routes the user to the direct admin login page. Is that normal?

Thanks for your help!

G

Since I don't want to make any changes now I'm not sure, but it sounds reasonable.

What else would it do?

Jeff

Well the user is changing their POP3 password, not their overall account password, so the user doesn't necessarily have access to the direct admin control panel.

Maybe just a confirmaiton page "Password successfully changed" ?

Thanks for your help Jeff!

G

Back