Wireless Forwarder

finlayj

Verified User
I would like to request the addition of a special forwarder type to the e-mail forwarder section of DA. The forwarder I am requesting would be used for forwarding e-mail on to a wireless device, but instead of sending it in one message, this forwarder would parse the message into a user-defined number of "chunks" of a user-defined number of characters.

This would enable the user to read longer messages sent to their wireless device, because the long single message would be parsed into multiple messages, in chunks of a size that the device can accommodate.

Example: My wireless phone has an email address. My wireless phone can receive email messages, but is only capable of displaying the first 100 characters of a message. To receive longer messages on my phone, I could set up a wireless forwarder in my DA account for example.com to parse-and-forward messages sent to "[email protected]" to the e-mail address associated with my phone. I might set it to forward up to 5 chunks of 100 characters each. Now when someone emails [email protected], I will be able to read 500 characters of their message, instead of 100. If they email my phone's wireless address directly, the wireless address works as it did before.

I've been searching fruitlessly for a standalone script that will do this, and it struck me recently that this might be a good addition to the functionality of DA.

Hellow,

That sounds quite specific.. I think a standalone script would be best suited for that role (existant or not).. and an email pipe would be used to access it.

John

Back