Internal License

mahel

Verified User
Hello All,

I purchased for 13 servers a life time external DA license. I have for this my client ID` s, and License ID` s. All good & fine...but.

Now my colo provider migrated to another DC.

When i login any server now, i see this.

INTERNAL LICENSE -- This special license may not be resold or transferred. For internal datacentre use only. Please contact your server provider for control panel and system technical assistance. Please report unauthorized reselling to [email protected]

They explained to me that this is because their have their own network now, and my previous licenses dont work there.

Can someone explaine this to me please? Or help me understand why it seems to be normal that a paid for external license now suddenly can change to a internal license?

Thanks

Can someone explaine this to me please? Or help me understand why it seems to be normal that a paid for external license now suddenly can change to a internal license?
Who did you buy the licenses from? If they were bought as external licenses, and paid for directly to DirectAdmin as external licenses, you can move them anywhere. But if you're getting that error you got internal licenses.

If you bought them from anyone else besides DirectAdmin you may have bought licenses that were actually internal licenses and that someone told you are external licenses. However, no one other than DirectAdmin is allowed to sell licenses. So the key question is really who did you buy them from.

If you bought them from DirectAdmin as external licenses and DA accidentally configured them as Internal Licenses then it's their mistake and they'll fix it, but if you bought them from someone else they may have bought internal licenses and then fraudulently resold them to you as external licenses.

Jeff

Back