dropping emails

mattw

Hi, I'm wondering if there's a way to set DirectAdmin to drop emails to certain addresses, and if so, how?

Also, I've discovered that server accounts can't send outgoing e-mail with the smtp server but they can recieve incoming e-mail via pop3. For example, admin owns example.net -- admin can check e-mail for example.net but when trying to send e-mail as admin it is unable to do so.

mattw said:
Hi, I'm wondering if there's a way to set DirectAdmin to drop emails to certain addresses, and if so, how?
You would have to create a forwarder and sent it to :fail: I believe.

here you go : http://www.directadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=849&highlight=blackhole

Also, I've discovered that server accounts can't send outgoing e-mail with the smtp server but they can recieve incoming e-mail via pop3. For example, admin owns example.net -- admin can check e-mail for example.net but when trying to send e-mail as admin it is unable to do so. [/B]
I just tried this and mail sent through the admin account came through quite allright. For the SMTP to work you do need popb4smtp if I'm right which checks if you're on the allowed hosts list. Otherwise you could try user verification with the smtp service.

Back