cUrl with SSL

tino

Verified User
Hi,

In the build script in /usr/local/directadmin/customapache I added "--with-ssl" to the curl configure line.
(e.g. ./configure --with-ssl)

But cUrl won't build with SSL!

I tried to set the LDFLAGS and CPPFLAGS before, but that didn't solve anything.

Has anyone built cUrl with SSL support?!?!?

Tino

Okay, got it.

It was the same old RedHat 9 Kerberos stuff...

Change the ./configure line for curl in the build file to include the CPP and LD flags for the kerberos location.

Tino

I'm trying to get curl-ssl going too, "what ld flags"? haha so far my google search hasn't helped so figured I'd ask :)

Thanks.

For example:

CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/kerberos/include" ./configure

Hi,

I need Curl to were with SSL and i am completely lost by this thread... is there anyone who knows how to do this properly and can post it on this thread??? it would be much appreciate :)

Thanks

This sounds pretty obvious to me...

In the build script in /usr/local/directadmin/customapache add "--with-ssl" to the curl configure line. In that same line, preceed the ./configure command with:
CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/kerberos/include"

Tino

i did exactly what you said however is STILL did not work ...??? what does one do now?

Use:

CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/kerberos/include LDFLAGS=-L/usr/kerberos/lib

Chris

still no success, here is exactly what is there, i have included the above and below lines aswell:

Code:
echo "configuring curl-$(CURL_VER)...";
CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/kerberos/include" "LDFLAGS="-L/usr/kerberos/lib" ./configure --with-ssl
/usr/bin/perl -pi ...............ect.

There appear to be a wrong number of quotes in:

CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/kerberos/include" "LDFLAGS="-L/usr/kerberos/lib" ./configure --with-ssl

try

CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/kerberos/include" LDFLAGS="-L/usr/kerberos/lib" ./configure --with-ssl

sorry, that was my fault i just wrote it wrong. There is no quotation mark before the LDFLAG

this is still a problem :(

i dont get an error as such, however i need curl configured with ssl for who.is cart to work. the server requirements script that they provide is informing me that everything is ok except that curl is not configured with ssl .... not sure what i should do, maybe it would run without curl built with ssl... any ideas?

thanks!

Please create a simple php page that uses curl with ssl, and see what happens there.

Tino

I know this is an old thread, is this issue resolved yet or not? I need to rebuild PHP with curlssl and I tried everything mentioned in this thread but still no luck. Any suggestions??

Thanks

Resolved!!

it was the firewall... I stopped the APF and it started to work.

Back