Cox Mail Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Litespeed

Verified User
I have Microsoft Office Outlook and am getting the same error 0x80042109. I have changed my outgoing server to 587 from 50, but I still can send or receive messages. Help!

I have Microsoft Office Outlook and am getting the same error 0x80042109. I have changed my outgoing server to 587 from 50, but I still can send or receive messages. Help!

the default outgoing port is 25 not 50. may be you need try using SMTP outgoing post to 25

Default Incoming Port : 110
Default Outgoing Port : 25

the default outgoing port is 25 not 50. may be you need try using SMTP outgoing post to 25

Default Incoming Port : 110
Default Outgoing Port : 25
Those were my original settings, I believe (not 50--my mistake). I have put them back to their original settings (I only changed the outgoing port), but it still isn't working. Any suggestions?

0x80042109, this error means outlook was not able to connect to the server,

trying pinging the server to check if it pings

Code:
$ping mail.servername.com

and also check if you are able to connect to the server using telnet

Code:
$telnet mail.servername.com 25

0x80042109, this error means outlook was not able to connect to the server,

trying pinging the server to check if it pings

Code:
$ping mail.servername.com

and also check if you are able to connect to the server using telnet

Code:
$telnet mail.servername.com 25

Your talking to real dummy here -- how do I try "pinging". I did a "test" and apparently I can send but not receive. I checked my CoxWebmail and got it through that.

Your talking to real dummy here -- how do I try "pinging". I did a "test" and apparently I can send but not receive. I checked my CoxWebmail and got it through that.

go to Start > Run

Type CMD and press OK

A command prompt screen will appear. Type

Code:
ping mail.server.com

and post what result it shows.

This is what is said:
Ping request could not find host mail.server.com Please check the name and try again

Last edited:
This is what is said:
Ping request could not find host mail.server.com Please check the name and try again

:p

You have to replace mail.server.com to mail.{Your Server Name}.{Extention}

Code:
ping mail. YourDomain.(com/net/org/etc...)

I typed in ping mail.cox.net and it came back with: Ping request can not find host mail.cox.net. Please check the name and try again.

If Cox is not my server, how do I find out who my server is?

You are the one who added the domains in DirectAdmin. What domains did you set up email for?

Cox is your isp. This has nothing to do with DirectAdmin or the server DirectAdmin is on or your own domains.

If you are having a problem with your cox.net email address then you need to contact them.

So what email address are you having problems with?

I'm afraid I don't know what you mean when you say DirectAdmin. I can get my e-mail through my CoxWebMail but can't get my e-mails through Microft Office OutLook or Outlook Express.

You said:
I'm using the email I created through direct admin.

Now you say:
I'm afraid I don't know what you mean when you say DirectAdmin.

It looks like to me you don't have a server with DirectAdmin on it. This forum is for DirectAdmin users only. We cannot help you with your personal email problems on some unknown server somewhere.

Call COX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back