On bandwidth

l0rdphi1

Verified User
Can someone explain how DA manages bandwidth? It seems that totals often don't match each domains usage added together, and I'm also not sure where to look to see how much a client is using of their monthly allocation. And, :D when is bandwidth reset for a client? The day +X month they signged up?every 30 days? on the 1st of every month?

Thank you,

Phi1.

Last edited:
Hello,

The total bandwidth usage may not match the domain totals because the the total bandwidth usage also includes bandwidth for other things such as directadmin, ftp and everything else. The domain totals are only representing what apache has logged.

The domain totals are only intended to be used as a rough guide as to how much traffic a domain is getting, not the total bandwidth of a user. So for figuring out how much bandwidth a user is using, always refer to their total usage.

Bandwidth is reset on the first day of the month for all users. This is achieved using cron, where the directadmin cron file is at /etc/cron.d/directadmin_cron.

John

Originally posted by DirectAdmin Support Bandwidth is reset on the first day of the month for all users. This is achieved using cron, where the directadmin cron file is at /etc/cron.d/directadmin_cron.

John
Well I think you just answered the question I had last night at supper... should I bill from the starting day to the same day next month, or by the month from the 1st?

I'd rather bill from the starting day; it's easier to not have to do prorateds, and it results in a smoother cashflow. But it looks like it's going to be month to month on the first unless you think we could change it to work by site? What do you think, John? Too hard?

Jeff

Back