installation

rumrugby

Verified User
hi,

i noticed that a feature of buying a da license is that they say they will install da free. How do they do this??? is this through SSH??? How quickly can it be done...?

Also, if i get a monthly license will i be tied to a contract?

thanks,

Moving to pricing, billing and licensing area.

Free installation is done using SSH time can vary... usually its not long.

There are no contacts on any licenses (you pay the price shown for the time period shown and thats it!)

Chris

Install is pretty much dependant on how fast the files can be downloaded, its usualy about 10-30min on a 10mbit connection.

Hello,

The directadmin package is about 2 meg (give or take a bit depending on os) and the service packs range from 20-30 meg.. again, depending on os.

John

i also noticed on the list of programs that get installed that webmail was not one of them....do i install webmail myself (eg, squirrelmail)?

hi,

is the mysql database and email space usage included in the disk space set by the administrator for that users account?

also,

what happens to a user if they exceed their bandwidth and/or disk space limits, is there any way of telling them that they have done this? can a user find out how much they have used?

Hello,

Yes, both mysql and email data is included in disk usage.

When a disk usage is filled, both the user and his creator will get an email notification. Suspension will not occur due to disk overage, but if the quotas are included in the kernel, the user will be limited by the system anyway (won't be able to add more).

John

hi,

can you make the mysql and dns on a different server with a different ip address?

Yes its possible, how its done is not something DA would support at this time though :) (i think ;)

Chris

Back