jailed cgi & ssh

Atm that's for apache 1.3 only. Also I believe it would be better integrated into this new build script if possible, but I don't think it's a priority and it certainly shouldn't be added until we have a stable release of this new script.

smtalk has done alot of work with this new build script, for DA and for the community, and I thank him for it.

Atm that's for apache 1.3 only. Also I believe it would be better integrated into this new build script if possible, but I don't think it's a priority and it certainly shouldn't be added until we have a stable release of this new script.

smtalk has done alot of work with this new build script, for DA and for the community, and I thank him for it.

Thank you GranTW, I really appreciate these words. About the custombuild script - 1.0 is feature frozen, so the new features will be only included into 1.1 version of it.

this one needs lots improvement.

Ok. Its working great for me as is but I am not using Apache 2 and Apache 2 was not mentioned prior to my comments so I didn't know that's what we were talking about.

one problem I was experiencing is that after jailed, cgi scripts weren't able to resolve domains if they were required to connect to other sites.

That make sense to me. I thought that was a feature of being jailed not a bug or problem. I thought that was what being jailed meant, that it was confined to itself. So as not to be accused of being a know-it-all let me say now that I am not sure but that is what I believed.

That make sense to me. I thought that was a feature of being jailed not a bug or problem. I thought that was what being jailed meant, that it was confined to itself. So as not to be accused of being a know-it-all let me say now that I am not sure but that is what I believed.

I believe he means that scripts like php can't open remote locations, eg. fopen("http://www.example.com/", "r")

Maybe this is because of /etc/resolve.conf

I don't know because I haven't tried jailed users.

Jailed cgi should not affect php scripts at all unless the php script is being run as a cgi. Most php scripts are run as an apache module and I would not think they would be affected by jailed cgi.

dig works fine, wget, ping and others can't resolve.
This problem was confirmed by John, but is not fixed yet.

Back