receiving mail in Outlook

prowsy

Hi there
Simple problem - I cant seem to get my emails into MSOutlook. I can send from Outlook no problems but any mails I get remain in the squirrelmail and dont come down to Outlook.
Ive set up the accounts with the authentication. Is the address for outgoing mail mail.domainname.co.uk? Shouldnt it be smtp instead of mail?
Help
Rob

No, it points to the same ip address, so mail.domain.ext is good. Try sending mail via your ISP's smtp server, is that working? Can you receive the mails via webmail then?

There is an option in outlook to "leave mail on the server" make sure you haven't checked that, or are you just not getting any mail in outlook?

Hi
I did have the leave a copy of message on server ticked so have unticked that, logged off and tried again but still no luck.
I set up a yahoo account and tried to receive mails in Outlook and that worked fine and I could send them as well.
I downloaded the registry details from the webmail site and installed them as well but still cant get the mail.
I am using two profiles in Outlook as there are 2 pop accounts that I want to get down - does this make a difference?

Ive just realised what the problem is - I had put the wrong login details into Outlook. I put the main email login instead of one of the ones that I had setup. Sorry. Its all working fine now.
Thanks a lot for your help though, I wouldnt have realised unless Id added my own yahoo one.
Thanks again
Rob

Back