Adding a domain name to directory

Drumman24

Verified User
Hey.. I want to know 1 thing. How a domain name gets placed in the web directory so another register cant register the saem name at a different place. When you install direct Admin to a linux system, does it do it by it self or what.. like you know what im saying like say someone registers www.drums.com at register.com... then they try to register www.drums.com at hostdime.com It wont let them. So if im a host how do i add drums.com to the web directory so knowone else can take it at another place. Thank y ou.

Drumman24 said:
Hey.. I want to know 1 thing. How a domain name gets placed in the web directory so another register cant register the saem name at a different place. When you install direct Admin to a linux system, does it do it by it self or what.. like you know what im saying like say someone registers www.drums.com at register.com... then they try to register www.drums.com at hostdime.com It wont let them. So if im a host how do i add drums.com to the web directory so knowone else can take it at another place. Thank y ou.

This is nothing to do with DirectAdmin or even your server, when you purchase a domain (eg drums.com) from anywhere - register.com, ev1servers.net, ukreg.com etc it automatically gets placed into the main database as taken - whenever you then go to buy that domain or look at a whois search it will be shown as taken and be unavailable to other users.

Chris

Back