Few Features

Xuru

Verified User
A list of good ideas for DA.

Have webbased email clients open in a new window (this way all a user has to do is close it to go back to the CP)

Have PHP write in User/Pass combo in email clients (It is kind of annoying having to login twice)

Would love to see a WYSIWYG editor under the file manager. There are some free ones out there that are good.

Xuru said:
A list of good ideas for DA.

Have webbased email clients open in a new window (this way all a user has to do is close it to go back to the CP)

The webmail clients exist already, so what you could do is just modify your skin and set the link to open in its own window :)

Xuru said:
Have PHP write in User/Pass combo in email clients (It is kind of annoying having to login twice)

Login Twice? You mean from within the DA panel to webmail? It would be easy to do, however you would have to hold the password in a variable and be passing it around in unsecure space..... probably not a good idea, however I will try sort out the username problem and post back later today.

Xuru said:
Would love to see a WYSIWYG editor under the file manager. There are some free ones out there that are good.

A plain and simple text box works for me.... usually you paste code in there if you dont you write it and you know it - remember da is not dreamweaver not frontpage or anything else like that ;)

Chris

Re: Re: Few Features

ProWebUK said:
The webmail clients exist already, so what you could do is just modify your skin and set the link to open in its own window :)

Yea I know, but I hate to mess with the default skin in case it is updated later. I figured adding the target to the code on your end would be better. Either that or a small icon next to the link sybolizing opening in a new window like you see on some se results next to thier listings.

Login Twice? You mean from within the DA panel to webmail? It would be easy to do, however you would have to hold the password in a variable and be passing it around in unsecure space..... probably not a good idea, however I will try sort out the username problem and post back later today.

Prolly right on this one.

A plain and simple text box works for me.... usually you paste code in there if you dont you write it and you know it - remember da is not dreamweaver not frontpage or anything else like that ;)

Yes works fine but this is something I have always missed on file managers. It's much easier to do a quick change on a page in wisiwyg mode then in html text mode for me. Besides, when there are free versions that can be added with just a few lines of code, then why not add it. The best solution with the least restrictive license is prolly http://www.interactivetools.com/products/htmlarea/license.html

WYSIWYG

Not sure if this is the best place to post this but here goes .....

I am trying to enter http://www.interactivetools.com/products/htmlarea/ into the skin I use for my customers (just a copy of the default skin with on image changed) but I am not getting very far.

I have entered into <skin name>\header.html

(quote from interactivetools.com)
1 - Open the page you want to add a WYSIWYG editor to. Add the following to the top of the page in the <head></head> of the HTML document.

I have entered into <skin name>\user\filemanager\edit.html

(quote from interactivetools.com)
2 - For each <textarea> that you want to change, add the following code to the page.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I dont think htmlarea would be the best one to use if they actually do add it as it requires you use IE. What about those of us who prefer firefox or use computers with linux. It wouldnt be that great to have the feature if you have to use a certain browser for it

That editor is crap that relies on IE-only code that is not standards compliant. I never visit websites that require me to run IE, and would never use control panel that doesn't work with my favorite browser (Opera). If users want to write html and they have no html clue then they should use Dreamweaver and then upload files via ftp.

HTMLArea works fine for me on firebird .8. I don't think Opera has support for such extension yet.

And I'm not sure whether this should fit into DA even. Possibly a per-user toggle could work. Not sure.

l0rdphi1 said:
HTMLArea works fine for me on firebird .8. I don't think Opera has support for such extension yet.

And I'm not sure whether this should fit into DA even. Possibly a per-user toggle could work. Not sure.

The WYSIWYG part only works in IE.

What are the browser requirements? htmlArea requires Internet Explorer 5.5 or better on Windows to run. This is because it makes use of some advanced features of IE5.5 that aren't available in other browsers yet. It is backwards compatible with other browsers, though. They will get a regular textarea field instead of a WYSIWYG editor.

Back