Adding a second nameserver

MagnuM

Verified User
This is what I have in IP Manager:
Code:
64.5.40.184 server 14 ns1.ehosting.ro  
64.5.40.205 free 0

What I want is to make a nameserver ns2.ehosting.ro on the IP 64.5.40.205.
Well I tried to create the 2 nameserver again but the operation has failed because the ns1 allready exists, so I was asking myself if I can press the Delete Nameservers button, and create them again? The only problem is that 64.5.40.184 is allocated to server so I read in help that I can't create nameservers on the IP which has the status as server.

Can someone bring a suggestion?
Thanks.

Hello,

Remember that the values that show up there are only comsmetic. It's very easy to just add the nameserver into your dns record using the DNS Administration page.. that's all the "Nameservers" page really does anyway.

If you want it to show up, you could always select the IP with the nameserver, press "Clear NS values" to get rid of the text in that IP (doesn't affect the actual Nameserver values in the dns records)... then go to the Nameservers page and add both of the nameservers normally (you must assign that IP to the admin first).

John

Well, I allready added 2 A records with ns1.ehosting.ro and ns2.ehosting.ro and those 2 IP's of mine. I didn't know that the name servers which are shown in IP Manager (next to each IP) have nothing to do with the ones added in DNS Administration, so I panic a little bit.

But I have one more simple question: how can I assign a free IP to one user, which is not a reseller, because I only see there in IP Manager the resellers. A user of mine needs to set a SSL certificate, and for this he need a dedicated IP, so I have to assign an IP to this simple user. As I read in DA Help this IP will probably need to be owned by this user, and can't be free or shared.

So how can I do that?

Last edited:
Hello,

To assign a Free IP to a User, the person who is doing the assigning must first have that IP available in their list. So if the Reseller has the free IP in his list wants to assign it to his user, then he must go to Reseller Panel -> List/Modify Users -> username -> select the Free IP and click save.

If you are doing this as admin, you'll need to use the "Login As Username" feature to login as that Reseller first because you might not have that Free IP in your list of IPs.

John

Thanks very much.

BTW, can I assign to a user an IP which is allready used for the secon nameserver (and appears as free in IP manager), in my case 64.5.40.205?

Back