Who to redirect with holding the same domainname

Hello,

You'd probably want a ServerAlias instead.

If you have Admin access to the server, go to:

Admin Panel -> Admin Settings -> Custom Httpd.conf -> domain200.com.

In the top box, add the following line:
Code:
ServerAlias [url]www.domain.com[/url] doman.com
Then just be sure that it resolves to the same IP, and you should be good to go.

John

Yes, I've got admin access, but this is for a user. Isn't it possible to make a htaccess?

Well... I'm not positive, but I don't think so. You're changing the document root of the site, so I'm not sure that it would work. Ie: if we could, then you could in theory host anyone elses website on the server with your domain :) .. if there is a way through .htaccess, I don't know how...

John

It's not a server alias he's looking for, the other domain is hosted on another server.

It should really be just a redirect to a new site hosted on yahoo or whatever, but with the old domain running in the address bar.

So.. you want the contents of one server to show up, using the domain which is hosted on another one.. I believe that's called spoofing :)

I think that would require a script to connect to the 2nd server behind the scenes, get the contents, and then relay that back to the end user.. unless I'm still misunderstanding the question :)

John

Hello,

Unless you have admin access on home.hccnet.nl, the only way to do it would be to write a php script to go and get all the data from that website and then output from your server.. It's not really possible unless you have extensive knowledge with php scripting.

There is no feature to do what you want.

John

Back