I thought DA should be involved into the developement?

neorder

Verified User
why leave it to smtalk to do it? he is good and he is doing sth we all want, but he is only one person.

Let DA do it, still use their customapache, just update version of php, apache, etc, shouldn't it be more persuative?

my 2 cents.

You look like you are replying to something but you didn't reply. You posted a new thread. So we have no idea what you are replying to.

I think he's trying to ask why John (DA staff) isn't updating the customapache script instead of leaving smtalk to do it.

My understanding is that a major update to the customapache script was on the todo list but because it's a major update it would take alot of time. smtalk decided to help DA and build on the customapache script to make it into the custombuild script it is now instead of waiting.

As far as I'm aware smtalk isn't being paid for it nor has he been asked to do it by DA. But as he has now done it and is quite clearly talking to DA it makes sense for DA to include it instead of the customapache script when it is deemed stable enough.

I think it's much better that DA didn't have to update the script themselves as it allows them to concentrate on other things.

Of course a big thank you has to be said to smtalk for all his hard work and support.

Grant

Yes, Grant has understood me well, i didn't make it clear, sori but i'm not a native english speaker.

really thanks to smtalk's hardwork, i will be trying your script for my next server, it will be Centos 5. Well, don't know if these 2 beta will work 2gether anot? (DA for Centos 5 is beta, and custombuild is kinda beta also)

but i dare not use it as production server, however.

have a nice day!

Last edited:
CustomBuild is working fine with CentOS 5.x :) Thanks GranTW and neorder for messages of thanks.

Martynas (smtalk) has decided to create CustomBuild just as I decided to write SpamBlocker. So far JBMC Software (creators of DA) has decided to use my SpamBlocker, and it's highly likely they will eventually make CustomBuild a part of DirectAdmin, replacing CustomApache, as it's much more easily configurable. They've helped both of us quite a bit.

Jeff

Right. DirectAdmin doesn't have some free time for tools as CustomBuild, RoundCube script, converters etc. :) Because John is working on DirectAdmin core, and there is much work left to do.

Chrysalis, yes, it's working fine on FreeBSD 7 beta 2, but it's stil not supported by DirectAdmin.

Back