ModernBill vs whois.cart

nobaloney

NoBaloney Internet Svcs - In Memoriam †
We're currently looking at both ModernBill and whois.cart.

Both look good, but there's a not-insignificant price difference.

Has anyone looked at both and made a decision?

If so, what drove your decision?

Thanks.

Jeff

Thanks, Chris.

What I'm looking for specifically is how recurring billing is handled.

And how domain purchases / registration is handled.

Jeff

I cant comment on moderbill but i use whoiscart and i have to say its very nice for the money only $35 i think. They might not have all the features that moderbill has (im not sure on this havent read anything on moderbill) but they are working very hard at making it better. They are adding new features all the time. Go to whoiscart.net to find more details

It does domain registrations by using the API's that the registars provide. There are a few registars that they currently support though if yours is not on the list all you have to do is send them the registars API and they will create a plug for it. They do not charge for updates you receive free updates for life. All and all i would say its a very good investment if it supports everything you need otherwise let them know what you need and give them some time and they will make it have everything you need.

Justin

I've been in open dialog with Alex, first quite some time ago, when he was first making whois.cart work with DirectAdmin, and then with my credit card processor, BluePay.

And again, now during the last few days.

I wrote both him, and the presales support team at ModernBill yesterday; Alex (of whois.cart) answers more quickly than Jon (of ModernBill) by a long-shot, and to me that makes a difference as well :) .

And the price is right.

I've sent Alex a few more questions, and it looks like I'll be ordering today.

Jeff

ModernBill rules

ModernBill is a very god bill system i used it and never found any big problem with it onyl somethign minor that was real simple to fix. It has almost all payment gateways, control panels, domain registrars and so fourth. It has pretty much has everything you would ever need and there working on a new version of there DA modula that will allow dedicated server creation.

Back