forgot password and change skin feature...

ProHS

Verified User
It would nice to have a forgot password link for users/resellers that forget there password. Also allow users to change there skin if reseller enables it.

Note on the "forgot password" feature: This cannot be done because the passwords are encrypted using one way encryption. It's not recoverable.

John

Hello,

A "reset" password feature is possible.. but it might be better to do that with the API and an external script? ..

John

I'm not really bothered by having the script or not, although if it's going to be placed there it would probably be best kept *completely* outside of the panel itself, just a link on the login page "forgot password" then enter your username and email (both must match the account for simple verification purposes)

Would also be nice to have a set limit on the feature per day - for example a maximum of 3 times per day as to avoid it being used to spam the accounts mailbox.

Chris

As far as making my own API script for DirectAdmin that would not be possible because i am not a scripter. So i would like to see it in DirectAdmin by you guys or even a 3rd party programmer make it.

DirectAdmin Support said:
Note on the "forgot password" feature: This cannot be done because the passwords are encrypted using one way encryption. It's not recoverable.

John

So in other words if we forget our admin password what's our options?

Acid-Duck said:
So in other words if we forget our admin password what's our options?

If you are:

Email user - contact the domain owner (user level)
user level - contact your reseller
reseller level - contact your admin
admin - login as root and run "passwd admin" and enter new passwords
root - out of support for DA... but single user console

Chris

Back