PDA

View Full Version : Squirrel Mail / Imap Problem

DPCharles
06-12-2007, 11:47 PM
Hi,

Thanks for this custombuild, and I tested and now running php4 and php5 with suphp at the same time. The only problem that I can't find an answer is we can't login on squirrelmail, but we can login with uebimiau. Here is the error I'm getting after logging in:

Bad request: The IMAP server is reporting that plain text logins are disabled. Using CRAM-MD5 or DIGEST-MD5 authentication instead may work. Also, the use of TLS may allow SquirrelMail to login. Please contact your system administrator and report this error.

btw, I already added IMAP support on both php4 and php5 with suphp.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Charles

smtalk
06-13-2007, 12:01 AM
You're welcome. As it says, plaintext authentication is disabled. Enable that on your IMAP server or set "$imap_auth_mech = 'cram-md5';" in SquirrelMail configuration file - /var/www/html/squirrelmail/config/config.php.

Duboux
08-23-2007, 12:31 PM
After the update of squirrelmail (which got auto-done on first install of custombuild) I log into squirrelmail, and see these folders:

INBOX
INBOX.Drafts
INBOX.Sent
INBOX.Trash
Drafts
Sent
spam
Trash

smtalk
08-23-2007, 12:38 PM
Contact DirectAdmin support, this is config issue.

sbdsm
09-12-2007, 02:38 PM
You're welcome. As it says, plaintext authentication is disabled. Enable that on your IMAP server or set "$imap_auth_mech = 'cram-md5';" in SquirrelMail configuration file - /var/www/html/squirrelmail/config/config.php.
Hello, where do y enable the plain text login in the imap server?
Tks

arunkumar784
07-04-2017, 11:22 AM

Hello, i have configured by running squirrelmail-configure command and i changed authentication to cram-md5
but it still gives error "Bad request: IMAP server does not appear to support the authentication method selected. Please contact your system administrator."
but when i change that to "login" it is working. Basically cram-md5 is not working. So can u help me how can i configure this properly?