Verified User
My cron deamon sent me a message like this:

Subject:
Cron <root@pol> /sbin/quotaoff -a; /sbin/quotacheck -augm; /sbin/quotaon -a;
<QUOTE>
quotaoff: quotactl on /dev/ubd/0 [/]: No such process
quotaoff: quotactl on /dev/ubd/0 [/]: No such process
quotaon: using //aquota.group on /dev/ubd/0 [/]: No such process
quotaon: Quota format not supported in kernel.
quotaon: using //aquota.user on /dev/ubd/0 [/]: No such process
quotaon: Quota format not supported in kernel</QUOTE>

Since I found this file /etc/cron.d/directadmin as below so I guess it is a directadmin problem:
<QUOTE>
* * * * * root /usr/local/directadmin/dataskq
2 0-23/6 * * * root echo 'action=vacation&value=all' >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue;
5 5 * * 0 root /sbin/quotaoff -a; /sbin/quotacheck -augm; /sbin/quotaon -a;
10 0 * * * root echo 'action=tally&value=all' >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue
20 1 1 * * root echo 'action=reset&value=all' >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue
0 4 * * * root echo 'action=check&value=license' >> /usr/local/directadmin/data/task.queue
[/QUOTE]

Another question: how can I configure cron to send message to cronjob owner?

Thank you.

Hello,

It just means that you don't have quotas in your kernel. Directadmin still requires the quotacheck program to be run, so you could replace that line with:
Code:
5 5 * * 0 root /sbin/quotaoff -a >/dev/null 2>/dev/null; /sbin/quotacheck -augm >/dev/null 2>/dev/null; /sbin/quotaon -a >/dev/null 2>/dev/null;
Just to hide the errors.

John

Thank you John.

Dose this error prevent cron from working and do I need to correct it instead of hiding it?

Hello,

Everything should work fine. The fix above is just cosmetic and will no have no advese affect (other than not getting duplicate emails). By not have quotas in the kernel, the only thing that happens is users arn't limited to their allocated disk limit via the kernel.

John

Back