Need Mentor To Get Online

Should I have included domain names in this post?

• YES

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • NO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Either

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

leadermaster

Verified User
[email protected]This is my first post.I do not understand how to get my website online using the ADMIN PANEL.I have 1 webpage that I created myself using PageBreeze Professional HTML Editor for 4 similar domain names.I have uploaded the webpage to one of the domain names and I get this: page is unavailable 404, because I did something wrong.The welcome page for this domain is gone now.The other three domain names have the welcome page still because I did not try anything with them.Once I learn how to do one the others are identical.If you want to mentor me contact me please.Leadermaster.

Are you using a DirectAdmin server? If so you should be able tot some information here.

Do you own the server yourself? If not, then you should probably get support from your hosting company as anything we could help you with here could be very generic.

Jeff

Yes I am using a DirectAdmin server and I have read the help information you have suggested but it was not helpful enough.It was because of the suggestion at the end of the help page that I posted this.Support from my hosting company is helpful but I am still not online.

Taken from this page: http://www.site-helper.com/uploading.html

Please take not of the bolded and red parts
========================================================
At the root of your account exists these directories:
-------------------------------------------------
/backups
/domains
/mail
/public_html

web pages need to go here - ( /public_html )
Now if you have multiple domains enabled and you want the web pages to show up on a certain domain you need to upload to /domains/yourdomain.com/public_html

The default file for any web directory is
--------------------------------------
index.html. That means when visitors access http://www.yourdomain.com, the server really sends them to http://www.yourdomain.com/index.html. This works for any publicly accessible directory on your system, including subdomains.

When uploading a main web page for each directory remember to name it index.html.
=====================================

I have done everything suggested and I get an unable to write message when I try to save /index.html even thogh the preview is perfect.

If you're reporting a specific error then you should post all the steps you took to get it, in complete detail, including the domain name.

I'm guessing none of us use the same editor you use because no one has commented on it.

I'm going to presume that you're not uploading the files to the correct place, because that's the only reasonable assumption I can make.

Have you looked at your File Manger (included in the DirectAdmin control panel) to see if the files are where they're supposed to be?

They should be at:

/home/username/domains/example.com/public_html

and not anywhere else.

Perhaps you can save your files locally to your desktop system and use an ftp program or the file manager to upload the files.

If it's not your server perhaps your hosting company can help you; if you expect to have more specific help here you'll probably have to give us enough information to reproduce the error, and also accept that we probably won't have specific help for the tool you're using.

Jeff

Jeff

Details

My domain names are affiliatesellersmarketplace.com(this is the 'main' domain name),affiliatesellersmarketplace.net,sellersmarketplace.com,sellersmarketplace.net.$20.00 CAD to mentor me to solve one domain name,affiliatesellersmarketplace.com.Ask me for the info to access the control panel.The problem is that I can not "delete" TWO directories with the name affiliatesellersmarketplace.com so I can 'reset' the "welcome" page that was there originally.The reason given is the same for both being "not empty" The other three domain names have the original welcome page."Forbidden" is there now instead of the original "welcome" page.I have had a ticket in to my hosting co. for many days now but they have not replied.I can provide the name of the hosting co..After the 'reset' I will follow the instructions already provided to me.If I have trouble with them further mentoring will be necessary.Believe me that I have tried everything to "delete" these TWO directories to no avail.It is my opinion that I should be able to delete them rather than my hosting co. but I can't therefore the solution to the problem is that they must "delete"/'reset' them.Until this problem is solved I can not do anything toward getting my websites online.

My hosting co. has 'reset'("deleted and recreated") affiliatesellersmarketplace.com and the problem is solved.All four domains now have a welcome page and my next action is to follow the instruction that I have already received regarding uploading my webpages to get them online starting with affiliatesellersmarketplace.com.The request for a mentor is the same but for uploading now.

Back