Can't add users

MagnuM

Verified User
Hello, please tell me what is happening because I can't add users from the reseller panel. The error I received is A segmentation fault has occured.

The user which I try to add is amstaff and the domain is amstaff.ro. Please tell me what should I do, and why is that error appears.

I want to mention that I upgrade the OpenSSL and Apache + mod_ssl a few day ago, but never add users from after that operation. Maybe something went wrong on the upgrade.

The point is that user amstaff appears in Admin Panel -> All
Accounts with creator unknown and every resource allocated is 0, so I have to delete the user manualy from all files where is added. I follow the steps from here http://directadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1647, and I saw that the domain amstaff.ro was not present in /etc/virtual/, /var/spool/virtual/, /etc/named.conf, /var/named/, /etc/virtual/domains and /etc/virtual/domainowners, so the error have to come before add the domain of the user to those files.

Last edited:
Hello,

If you're using RedHat 9.0, then you'll probably need to upgrade your shadow-utils:

Code:
wget http://files.directadmin.com/services/9.0/shadow-utils-4.0.3-6.i386.rpm
rpm -Uvh shadow-utils-4.0.3-6.i386.rpm
John

Actualy the package shadow-utils-4.0.3-6 is allready instaled, because I receive the folowing messages: file /usr/bin/chage from install of shadow-utils-4.0.3-6 conflicts with file from package shadow-utils-4.0.3-6, and the same for all files from the package.

Tha point is that I still receive errors those errors, and I am force to delete the user manualy from DA files and other files in which the user is added.

Last edited:
Hello,

I didn't change the version # when I applied the patch, so a --force might be required:
Code:
rpm -ivh --force shadow-utils-4.0.3-6.i386.rpm
John

Thanks I do make the changes, even reboot the server, but the error is still there :(

But there is something, I would like to ask you?

I wonder how much will cost me if I ask you to look at my server. I will give you the root password, and after you look at it, I'll change it back. The point is that you are the only one I can trust, because you are the "DA man" :) My VPS is from Eryxma Networks Company, but I don't think they are more experinced in how DA works than you, so thats why I am asking you this favor :) My server is running Red Hat 9.0, but I am not so experinced in configuring and compiling Linux software, so I just don't know where to look when something go wrong.

So what do you say?

Last edited:
Hello,

No charge, just send the IP, root password, admin login/password, and username that was giving you problems (even if they all are doing it). If it's a standard thing like that, we should be able to help. Send that info to [email protected]

John

Back