Vista Skin - Opinions Please

What do you think about the skin?

• Total voters

tsj5j

Verified User
Vista Skin
=======

I've just created a Vista skin inspired from the various PHPBB/IPB Vista skins.
This thread is mainly to gather comments about this skin.

Please vote in the poll, browse the demo and give some comments.

Demo :

http://66.90.121.169:2222

Username : demo_user
Password : demo

Thanks.

I'm also open to suggestions at the pricing of this skin.
I do hope to set a low price to make it affordable yet exclusive.

Last edited:
If there is any flaws, please point it out, thanks.

I would really like to improve on this.

I like this skin, a lot.

However I'd only use a skin if:

1) if it's sold, so I know there's an income stream (however small) and I can be assured of updates

2) the source, if any, is held in escrow so if the creator stops updating it someone else can.

Jeff

1. Yes its definitely going to be sold to keep it exclusive. I'm accepting suggestions for a price.

2. That's an idea. I will likely email the source to DirectAdmin Support as escrow if they are willing to accept them.

3. I've not really considered encryption yet. In a perfect world no one will be evil enough to steal them, but some of them, unforunately will.

This skin is good keep it up!

Maybe you can create a logo of DirectAdmin on the header, and make some icons for the links. Like logout, Email Management etc... (just idea's)

Greetings,
Maxhost.

This skin is good keep it up!

Maybe you can create a logo of DirectAdmin on the header, and make some icons for the links. Like logout, Email Management etc... (just idea's)

Greetings,
Maxhost.

Note taken!

We will be adding icons soon (within 48hrs).

Give credit to who deserves it...

Not to sound like a jerk or anything like that but tsj5j don't you think you need to put in the name of the person from whose phpbb vista theme you got the images and the the other stuff.

I mean the only thing that you have actually done here is worked around the body and modified the header...rest of the images and all that you have used including the background in from John Olson's phpbb vista theme.

You should at least site him in you skin or his website saying that you got the idea from him...and F.Y.I phpBB approved themes have a copyright on them... so please site the person who is John Olson in it.

people here is the website to the original vista skin that tsj5j got his idea from and has not cited him...chk it out...

http://jrolson85.jr.funpic.org/

and tell what you think...should the name be cited or not...

Not to sound like a jerk or anything like that but tsj5j don't you think you need to put in the name of the person from whose phpbb vista theme you got the images and the the other stuff.

I mean the only thing that you have actually done here is worked around the body and modified the header...rest of the images and all that you have used including the background in from John Olson's phpbb vista theme.

You should at least site him in you skin or his website saying that you got the idea from him...and F.Y.I phpBB approved themes have a copyright on them... so please site the person who is John Olson in it.

people here is the website to the original vista skin that tsj5j got his idea from and has not cited him...chk it out...

http://jrolson85.jr.funpic.org/

and tell what you think...should the name be cited or not...

It had already been added to the latest design on my hard disk.
Some bugs have been ironed out and I uploaded the latest version.

I'll be adding icons soon to see how it turns out. :)

Hmmm i'll gues 10 euro's for the skin is a good price then? The art works is the biggest part, so maybe it should even be cheaper or free.

Hmmm i'll gues 10 euro's for the skin is a good price then? The art works is the biggest part, so maybe it should even be cheaper or free.

I guess I'm mainly charging because its quite some effort to integrate it together.
DA skinning system is not as easy as it seems ;)

Also, I'll probably be releasing updates to make sure its compatible with the latest DA.
Free? Unlikely. Cheap? Probably. I'm thinking somewhere along 10 to 15 USD per year.

hey thanks...i did not mean to sound like jerk or anything but just wanted to know that....peace out...

This is John Olson, the creator of the Vista template.
I don't like the fact you didn't contact me to use my work, but I see my name is still in the footer so no harm I guess.

This is John Olson, the creator of the Vista template.
I do not like the fact you didn't contact me to use my work but I see my name is still in the footer so no harm I guess.

This is no release, and I'm not even sure I'm going to be selling this yet.

I was planning to contact you upon completion.
As you can see, I have no intent of hiding your work. :)

i would suggest you work around the price of the marina skin, $10 1yr, $15 2yrs.

You also have to remember there are other costs though. If you are encrypting the skin you would have to consider Zend encoder then after that you will need software to manage the licencing, phpaudit or iono.

I never said nor felt you were ;)

You raised a very valid point, and I appreciated that.

Thanks...and hope to see this skin on direct admin pretty soon...and wish you all the best...for your realease and future realeases to come...

This skin looks awesome...but can you increase the vertical spacing between a icons like you did with horizontal...that would be sweet...

Thanks again...peace out...and good luck...

Last edited:
Hi,

I'm using a laptop with integrated display card. Meaning, not very good graphic processor. When I login into your demo, and when I scroll down the page, the image is lagging a bit. So I guess the image use is a bit heavy and not so friendly to all PC.

Maybe my PC is too old, its about 18 months old. So maybe this comment is worthless. Cheers...

Regards,
Lez

Back