Installation outside network

yorn

Verified User
When I roll out a new server, I preferably do that in the comfort of my own home. The situation in my home is that I am behind a router, have a dynamic IP address and none of the addresses is registered at DirectAdmin, of course.
Does DirectAdmin have some kind of a backdoor to make this possible anyway? Of course I won't let any clients connect to the server while i'm setting it up, but I do need to configure stuff in DirectAdmin.

That's not entirely true.

It works fine at home for us.

Of course we have static IP#s at my home ;) .

However we usually install CentOS at the office, then move the server to the datacenter for the rest of the setup. Because things work a lot faster at 100 mbps than the do at 3 mbps.

Jeff

So there is no way to install DirectAdmin outside the datacenter? I was actually hoping DirectAdmin would have some sort of "installation" or "trial" mode, where it enters reduced functionality or something, but does allow the admin to set up the server, and restores to full functionality as soon the server is moved to the datacenter and DA is activated.
I would really like such a feature for setting up servers outside the datacenter and create images for clean servers

There's a very easy way to install DirectAdmin outside the datacenter. Our testbeds are a few feet from me as I set in my home office.

We obtained a subnet of eight static IP#s from my DSL provider. They even allow us to manage our own reverse DNS mapping for them.

You can't do it without a static routable IP#.

Jeff

Back