Unable to access POP3 email using outlook

freaklet

Ok, so I set up all my email accounts, and I used the appropriate settings in outlook/outlook express as dictated by the page you get after you create a POP3 account. However, I cannot download any email sent to any of the addresses using outlook or any other email client for that matter. I have to use webmail to access these emails. Also, there appears to be an authentication issue....according to the page my username is (for example) [email protected] and that's what I should enter in Outlooks User/Account Name field. When I do that, apparently that doesn't register with the server and it continually asks me for my user name and password until I become frustrated with the futility of it all. However, if I just use say "user" for the user name field, it seems to authenticate fine, but I can't download any mail. It says I don't have any mail. What the #%$%$@ am I doing wrong?! What simple thing am I missing?!

Hello,

Just "username" is your system email account which come standard with the DA account. It's used for all domains on that account and has it's own unix user id. All other pop accounts you create will use the form "[email protected]".

As for why you have no messages.. check your catch-all to make sure it's sending emails where you want (if you're using it), else a pop account is needed for other email users.

Also make sure everything is resolving correctly and going to the correct IPs.

John

Back