Reseller DA panel has locked me out

westco

Verified User
When I try to modify anything at all in my Reseller DA today Iam, getting the following error:-

"This Reseller account is unable to allocate unlimited Bandwidth, yet that
amount has alredy been allocated"

I think the problem lies with the setting on one hosting account which has somehow been set to unlimited bandwidth. However, not only is DA not allowing me to lower the setting, I cant modify any other account or add any new accounts through whoiscart or manually.

I've emailed support directly on this too, so sorry for the duplication but its all getting a bit desperate.

regards

Westco

Just received a possible remedy from support and will give it a try.

Thanks for the speedy reply, John.

regards
Westco

Hello

FYI for others, if you have a User with unlimited bandwidth, and then the Reseller account limit is dropped to a non-unlmited number, DA will complain that an impossibilty has just occured when you try to add another account :).. set your reseller account back to unlimited, decrease the user limit, then you can decrease the reseller limit again and create sites normally. I'll change DA to not worry so much about these things :D

John

Well, the update to this is that Ian over at Prowebspace support has been working hard to get my reseller DA panel unlocked for two days now without success.

Hello John,

I believe my host is having the jitters about increasing my limit to unlimited in case the same thing happens to their panel.

Are you able to offer some assurance "the impossible" will not occur twice?

Hello,

That check is removed and will be available for the next release so it won't be able to happen again after that. Tell them to lower the limit for the User account under your name from unlimited to a numerical value and then run the tally (or send me to account info to fix it)... I'm still clear on how one of your users got unlimited bandwidth anyway if you arn't allowed to assign it... In any case, you can just email me your login name and ess# and I can go fix it. ([email protected])

John

Hi John,

They finally set my resseller account to unlimited bandwidth late this afternoon. I was able to login and rectify things straight away with no further problems.

From what I can gather the account auto suspended about 4 days ago when it came up to a 100mb disk space limit. Somehow it changed from 3000mb to unlimited bandwidth between then and when I un-suspended it from my reseller panel later on. I did'nt notice anything wrong until new accounts were not being automatically set up by whoiscart.

Best regards

Robin

Back