DirectAdmin default look

rhoekman

Verified User
I know this is a matter of taste and I know I can create my own look for DirectAdmin. But I also know that newcomers first impressions are the looks of the interface. The first time I looked at DirectAdmin I thought it looked unprofessional and gave me that unstable Windows 3.11 feel.. Is it an idea for you guys to hire
http://www.visualpharm.com/ just for the icons only?

I think it will make a huge difference. Look at Plesk 7.0 everybody is going nuts about the new look, because well, it looks a lot like XP. If I show my customers control panel interfaces of Plesk, cPanel and DA guess what they choose? This is also a selling point in both ends.

Just a thought.. and not intended to insult the graphic artist nor the guys of DA because it's a great product and I just want to boost it's popularity..

Rick

Edit: After browsing the site I discovered that this guy DID make the icons for Plesk :D

Last edited:
Just promise me something...whatever you do don't make it look like Windows XP. Everytime I see that its is what a OS looks like a sick joke from the Apple developers while working on OS X. I think the Power_user should be the default on all new installs. It's clean, fast and most of the customers I talk to like it much better.

You can get most of them icons as freeware... and they are used in a variety of areas - redhat / KDE / GNome all appear to use the 'crystal' icons.

If you are interested in this kind of look I will consider having a lighter skin than DA-3D that utilises them.

Chris

Quickly done example of the icons and an example XP style / coloured design :)

DAXP.gif

That the kind of thing your looking for?

Obviously needs a fair bit more work and a few extra icons but in my opinion i'd rather that than similar icons for a minimum of $1000 more...

Chris

What you all want to use is OS X icons. They are vector based not bitmap. Search for OS X icons in Google.

Back