End user panel

prophecy

Verified User
Is there anything that an end user can use to login and change password or email forwarding or vacation response? Like the cobalt admin? Or is the lowest level the site admin?

And if this isn't available, is it planned?

There are already 3 levels to the panel.

Admin, Reseller and User. Which level a person gets when they sign in is controlled by the level they are given when their account is created. So, an end user would have full access to THIER panel and control over email, ftp accounts, domains, etc based on what their hosting plan allows :)

Hope that helps!

Ok..

I understand what you're asking now :)

I mentioned the same thing in another thread here in the forums. I'd also like to see an email only section added to the panel. But, I know John already has his hands full with other more important features so I can wait :)

I'm sure it's something they plan to add in the future after they take care of the more pressing features!

i think 1 last lower lever for subdomains aswell as emails :cool:

Chris

Emails are far more important, I require this in my panel and will probably be the basis of my decision. and it is such a convenient feature for end user and site admin.

Hello,

DirectAdmin doesn't support e-mail only users as yet -- it isn't a feature that will appear within the next 1-2 months, as there are many things taking priority over it.

Thanks!

Mark

3 months? :)

Is there anyway to make something like this on our own that can tie into DirectAdmin? Or maybe you guys could hack something together really quick and have it as a hidden feature for now. The only thing you would have to have really is a new user type where when they login, they just see their email and they can go to the change pass screen, vacation modify screen or autoresponder modify screen. But I guess then you have to attach the users to a specific email which it doesn't look like you do right now. So maybe it would be something like this, when you make the email accounts, a user account gets made with the same password or something and attaches the user to that email. Then you'd be set.

Back to this again, already have customers wanting the end user (ie: the email account users) to be able to change their passwords. Is there any way to do this at this point? Like even an email command or something?

there would be no way to do it unless you made a custom skin although that would effect the whole account and users would still be able to modify other email addresses there. All you can do is wait i think.

Chris

the ability for email users to change their password would be great -

I just had a reseller complain that it's causing "privacy issues" with some companies he's hosting for.

Even if it was just one (separate) login page that they could enter the email address and password and type a new one.

I hate to ressurect an oldie like this, but is there anything that a user can do to login to the control panel and change his password without the help of the site administrator? Email Users need to be able to change their passwords ....

I might be having a brain fart, but I can't find it.

Any help, assistance would be appreciated.

Joe

Has anyone got any further with this?

Is an end user panel gonna be included in DA soon?

Has someone created something that works?

Sure would be neat to have this feature for DA

Neil :D

Back