Admin Account Suspended!

Peter Verrill

Verified User
My admin account and all its domains where suspended at some point today.:confused:

I couldnt login to directadmin as the password was invalid.

The only way I reinstated acccess to the admin user and unsuspend sites was to login with root and change the admin password, login to DA and unsuspened the users account.

The admin user is still appearing as suspended and I cant unsuspend it. I cant create any more accounts either.

How do I fix this mess?

Hello,

Make *sure* that you didn't setup a bandwidth limit on your admin's User account. This is because you are still a Reseller (Admin is extension of Reseller)... so if you've decreased the admin's bandwidth limit, and you go over it, you will be suspended.

I think the best way to fix it would be to create a 2nd admin account, (admin2 or something), log into that, go to the Create/Modify Admin's page so you can see the list, then suspend/unsuspend "admin" so that the data will set setup correctly (to fix any manual changes that might have skipped other suspension items). Note that this will also affect all Users created by Admin.

If you can't create the admin2 account, then you may have to manually flip a few switches to get admin to be able to create accounts again. First, you have to figure out why you can't create accounts (probably an allocation issue?). Go into /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/admin and have a look at the reseller.conf and the user.conf.

Make sure that "suspended=yes", "account=ON", and that "bandwidth=unlimited", and in the reseller.conf, set the similar setting where it applies, and also make sure that "oversell=ON".

But even after settings those values, I still recommend, you suspend/unsuspend the admin account so that the data gets fixed.

John

I cant create another admin.

When reading through those 2 conf files all the settings are correct.

I get this error when attempting to create:

Cannot create user using those settings

Details
Creating that many Domains would put you over your limit of
Creating that many Pop Accounts would put you over your limit of
Creating that many Ftp Accounts would put you over your limit of
You cannot create more Users than you are allowed domains.
You currently have 10 Users and a maxium of domains

Hello,

Make sure the reseller.allocation file is there and has actual numbers in it. But.. hmm.. the reseller.conf file doesn't seem to be showing anything. Is should say "...limit of 5" or limit of *something*.. but they're just blank.

Check the /var/log/directadmin/error.log to see if there are any errors while reading any of the files. Else send us an email to [email protected] with the ip, root pass and the admin username/pass.

John

Back