When I create a reseller, he cannot receive my welcome mail!

jeffery

Verified User
The reseller cannot receive my welcome message when I created nor when I press the resend button!!?

Any suggestions???:confused:

Hello,

1) Make sure the hostname resolves.
2) check the /var/log/exim/mainlog for more clues.

John

Speaking of which, I've noticed that system is unable to send emails to @hotmail accounts (for me, anyway). I've had two @hotmail signups in the past two weeks (I think they're my first) and both have not [yet] received the welcome email. To get it to them I had to manually paste it into an email and send it. Not a big deal, but a problem it still is..

Hello,

Serivces like hotmail will be very picky about all of the rules and are just looking for a reason to reject an email. Things like reverse IP lookups have to be working too. Check dnsreport.com to see if everything is in order. Even things like not accepting a [email protected] might make them reject the email.

John

Yep, I know a few big forums that are disabling users registering with hotmail addresses (placing it in the rules) since so many emails get bounced from there..... I honestly cant see why anyone uses hotmail though..... I'm sure they installed valid email filters rather than spam filters.

Chris

Back