Email receive - Wrong Box?

Root

Verified User
I just reinstalled EXIM and figured I would run the scripts for dovecot as well. That was a mistake, because now my mailbox isn't getting any mail to it.

Well, the mailbox actually IS getting email on the server at: /home/admin/mail/is-pimp.com/craig/Maildir/new/

However, I can't see it in my mailbox either through Uebimiau or IMAP4 and/or POP3 clients. Also Squirrelmail gives me a
ERROR: Connection dropped by IMAP server.
Query: CAPABILITY
error.

Telnetting to EXIM proved to tell me that Dovecot was up and going and that's about it.

I checked the local_deliveries portion of the exim.conf trying to see if mail is being told to be read from some other place instead of the right place. I can send mail fine, though.

The mailserver is: is-pimp.com or mail.is-pimp.com for both IMAP and SMTP.

Spam Assassin doesn't seem to hang either. All Exim logs read good.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Attachments

• exim.txt
    35 KB · Views: 317
Fixed!

I had telnetted into dovecot and exim. All running fine. I had ran ldconfig and nothing out of the ordinary. Still didn't work.

Finally, I remembered, that I should probably check /var/log/maillog instead of just Exim's, so that I could look at any IMAP discrepancies (duh!).

And I saw this:
Code:
[1387]: imap: error while loading shared libraries: libiconv.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

locate told me that libiconv.so.2 was in my user/local/lib/ directory.

So I just made a symlink:

Code:
ln -s /usr/local/lib/libiconv.so.2 /usr/lib/libiconv.so.2

Everything is working again. Whew!

Back