Custombuild 1.1

smtalk

Administrator
Staff member
Hello :)

Custombuild 1.1 has been released. Now it can update phpMyAdmin, SquirrelMail and RoundCube webmail (included in "./build all"). More suggestions and opinions are welcome.

Will the config file for custombuild allow you to specify which programs, phpMyAdmin, SquirrelMail, Roundcube, etc. get installed? I have not installed RoundCube on my server, since it is still beta software and also the enhanced skin does not have any link for it. So, can we optionally select whether any of these get installed or not?

No, there is no option to select. I don't know if it's really needed :) You can create a poll for it. Thank you.

Version 1.1.1 will be realeased after few hours. New features:
  • New function "./build options"
  • New option "clean"
  • Added check to see if any version of "PHP" is selected in options.conf, if no - show: "You do not have any PHP version set in options.conf."
"./build options" shows what's set in options.conf, e.g.:
Apache: 1.3.37
Dovecot: 1.0.3
MySQL: 5.0.45
PHP: 5.2.3 as CLI with mail() header patch
Run "clean" every time: yes
clean in options.conf means "run clean every time" (you won't need to run "./build clean", because it will be executed automatically), by default it's set to "yes".

If you want to test it now:
Code:
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild; rm -rf build; wget http://www.servermonkeys.com/projects/els/directadmin/build; chmod 755 build;

Let me know what do you think about this version :) Thank you.

Last edited:
Hey,

Appears to be a problem with updating mysql...

./build update_versions pulls down the necessary mysql rpms...

but, after grabbing the files...

*** Cannot find /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/MySQL-client-5.0.45-0.i386.rpm. Aborting ***

The files are in:

/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/mysql...

David

Find:
Code:
                FILE1=${CWD}/${MYSQLCLIENT}
                FILE2=${CWD}/${MYSQLDEVEL}
                FILE3=${CWD}/${MYSQLSERVER}
                FILE4=${CWD}/${MYSQLSHARED}
Replace with:
Code:
                FILE1=${CWD}/mysql/${MYSQLCLIENT}
                FILE2=${CWD}/mysql/${MYSQLDEVEL}
                FILE3=${CWD}/mysql/${MYSQLSERVER}
                FILE4=${CWD}/mysql/${MYSQLSHARED}
Thank you for the report.

Hey,

Thanks... Works with one error:

/usr/bin/mysqlcheck: Got error: 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'FOR UPGRADE' at line 1 when executing 'CHECK TABLE ... FOR UPGRADE'

That was from ./build update_versions...

Ran ./build mysql and did not get that error...

Thanks again,
David

This was because of
Code:
/usr/bin/mysqlcheck --check-upgrade --all-databases --auto-repair -u${MYSQLUSER} -p${MYSQLPASSWORD}
You can simply ignore it :) I'll fix it in later versions of the custombuild script (this is not a bug).

Will the config file for custombuild allow you to specify which programs, phpMyAdmin, SquirrelMail, Roundcube, etc. get installed? I have not installed RoundCube on my server, since it is still beta software and also the enhanced skin does not have any link for it. So, can we optionally select whether any of these get installed or not?

For RoundCube: http://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=808 :) Will be included into the next release of DirectAdmin.

Hey,

Thanks... Works with one error:

That was from ./build update_versions...

Ran ./build mysql and did not get that error...

Thanks again,
David

Fixed :) " *** Cannot find /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/MySQL-client-5.0.45-0.i386.rpm. Aborting ***" issue is fixed too :) You used a "test" version of it, that wasn't uploaded on DirectAdmin servers, now 1.1.1 is on DirectAdmin servers, and it's bug (known) free. Everyone, who wants to have Custombuild v1.1.1 on their servers just needs to run: "./build update".

I've tried ./build mysql, but got error :
Asked for 196608 thread stack, but got 126976

Then the upgrading process stop.

The bad thing this current mysql version doesn't work now.

Please help, cause i did it on working server. :eek:

Back