Exim take 98% of CPU.

Personally, I'v yet to see a FreeBSD box that runs exim at 98%. Something very wrong there. How busy is your mailserver? Is this a single cpu processor?

First-off, set up a firewall. There may be h4x0rs and spammers trying to use your mailbox to spam and phish! It happened to my FreeBSD server. :mad:

Secondly, if you're going to use FreeBSD, use the 64-bit version. :)
You should not be using 98% of your CPU then!

First-off, set up a firewall. There may be h4x0rs and spammers trying to use your mailbox to spam and phish! It happened to my FreeBSD server. :mad:

Secondly, if you're going to use FreeBSD, use the 64-bit version. :)
You should not be using 98% of your CPU then!

64bit? Are you kidding? Thats not very good advice. Anyone running Installatron and doing some serious hosting on those boxes will clients running real world applications would never be able to use a 64bit version of FreeBSD.
Not recommended.

Why don't you update exim to 4.67?
Th's,i make upgrade,but it's don't give i good result.

First-off, set up a firewall. There may be h4x0rs and spammers trying to use your mailbox to spam and phish! It happened to my FreeBSD server.
My server have firewall(standart).It's can't be a hackers attack.

May be i can a limit the exim?

I was on my server for 2 days just trying to figure out why exim used 100% of cpu and my load was up to 120!!!!!
After many compiles and reinstalls i just saw that i had a loop in my DA panel :

contact alias was pointing to mailing list sales and contact was also a member in the mailing list...

look in your system spool directory if there are many many many mails in the queue...

:)

Just a few notes I thought of reading this thread:

1) it can be a hacker's attack. If you say it can't be then you're limiting what you're looking for an you may never find it.

2) It may very well be a lot of mail in the queue, often based on a spammer spoofing a return address at your domain as a sending address, and then poorly configured anti-spam solutions are returning thousands of emails to you, none of which are deliverable. So all of them end up in your queue, many of them frozen.

3) DirectAdmin is NOT supported on 64-bit FreeBSD.

Jeff

Back