Transferring sites

Adam

Verified User
How hard is it to transfer sites from cPANEL to DA?

Any DOCs on this?

Yes but then you have to recreate all emails, dbs, etc.

I t would be easiest to have a transfer feature like cpanel

I don't know if that feature is available, but if you communicate to your customers that you're going to improve, would they really mind?

Mine wouldn't I guess...

But I don't know if there's such a feature available.

This isn't a feature right now, but it has been requested many, many times; I'm sure it is on the list. Same goes for the DA <-> DA converter.

I'm the control panel converter guy. I have worked with Mark and John to create an Ensim -> DA converter, and we will be starting the CPanel -> DA converter shortly. As of now, there's been no development on it, so I can't give you an approximate release date.

it would be a time consuming move, im not sure of the cpanel directory structure or if cpanel uses a DB to store its info for users or if it reads directorys...... and being the most hating person of cpanel ever im not really the one to ask.... you should definetely be able to move the html over by creating a wildcarded tarball of all html directorys

for html do something like
/home/virtual/*/fst/var/www/html/

where * is usual the site name / number

then for cgi:
/home/virtual/*/fst/var/www/html/cgi-bin/

any other seperate directorys:
/home/virtual/*/fst/var/www/DIRECTORY NAMES

mail could be a task... mysql should be quite easy aslong as DA doesnt use its OWN db to store it for users again.... i would try moving things across and see if DA recognises them..... lots of things DA wont but you can defintely copy across uploaded data easily.

Chris

Back