FTP problem

NickRac

Verified User
I'm having trouble, for some reason I can't login via FTP

I get this error: 500 Sorry, no server available to handle request on hostorion.com

please help me, DirectAdmin says all the system service are up and running.

bleh SSh wa slogging in slowly too, now I can't login at all, whenever I type my password I get:
Server sent disconnect message. Command terminal on signal 11

Hello,

I just ssh'ed in 3 times without a problem, there is a pause before you enter the password, but it connects fine. I can connect to ftp without any problems and apache is running. Everything *seems* alright... I am unable to duplicate your error.

John

error.jpg

Ok,

We've checked the server thoroughly, and we also checked with external experts on the issue, but are unable to determine the cause of the problem. The consensus is to format and reinstall. This appears to be a low level problem as the ssh daemon a very solid program and should not be producing this type of error.

The problem could have spawned from a variety sources, from a corrupted RedHat install, to bad hardware, it's impossible to tell...

John

Sorry

I hate to say it but... I just created a new account and I'm getting the ftp error also. Not on my main domain though. Just on this new account.

Connecting to support911.com
Connected to support911.com -> IP=**.**.**.** PORT=21
500 Sorry, no server available to handle request on **.**.**.**
Connection failed
Delaying for 120 seconds before reconnect attempt #1

maybe this could be a bug that needs to be fixed on future releases if the D.A.D. can do that :)

Chris

Hello,

support911.com isn't resolving to its new ip address yet. Make sure the domain resolves before trying to connect using the domain. Until that happens you can use it's IP.

Also, make sure that you've changed the domain's nameservers through your registrar.

Thanks,

John

Back