Hosting Domain Only

dannygoh

Verified User
i want to provide domain parking for my customer. They register their domain and help to host the domain.

my question is:-

i do not want to create so many account in DA for hosting domain name only. every domain get their own default index.html.

What I would do is create one domain on the server - using a fake domain, I guess - and then use the "Add Custom Httpd Configurations" to enable a ServerAlias for each domain you want to park.

The parked domains will then simply mirror your fake domain's index. I suppose the only problem with this is that each domain will have the same index file, but with a little PHP that shouldn't be too hard to fix.

not good in
Code:
ServerAlias
and php. Mind pointing me to the good turotial and any kind of reading.

like a parking page

so basically you just want a page so that anyone who gets a domain name from you points to a page that says

coming soon registed at abc company.com?

by the way whasssup dannygoh...

yes, just like that but i want to have a welcome page on the own domain.

i'm fine thank you.

If you have an extra IP, you could just point their dns to the owned IP and no other changes would be needed.. They'd all see the same page.

John

not sure who you get your domains through but I've got my domain reg set so that anyone who gets a domain from me it points to park01.mydomain.com or park02.mydomain.com where is says there page is coming soon and that they are hosted by mydomain.com don't know if this is same as what da support just said or not. But I thought if you pointed the dns to the extra ip that they wouldnt be able to change the page i dunno now i'm confused.i think i'll just shuttup

If everyone is just pointed to the extra IP, then they'll all be reading the same file. If they were able to change the page, it would just be regular hosting ;) I'm not sure how it's done elsewhere; I'm sure there are many many ways it can be done.

John

Back