exim.conf update yes/no ???

If it's set to yes - it will update your exim.conf with "./build all" and "./build exim_conf".

When you say update, do you mean overwrite it, removing any customizations (clamav, spamblocker, etc)?

What does ./build exim_conf do?

I guess some of the options are a little ambiguous (not sure what they do).

Yes, it will overwrite your exim.conf :)
With what version? The latest version on the DA site?

If so, then it should be set to no for most of us, because it will override the links to our whitelisting pages.

Is the default yes or no?

I guess this is what I mean when I say that CustomBuild really needs a lot better documentation before it's considered ready.

Jeff

Yes, the latest version from directadmin.com :) The default is off. About the documentation - as you know, I'm working for free, so it's very hard to work both on custombuild and it's documentation :) I wrote CustomBuild FAQ for it, and I'm planning to expand the options.conf file on it :)

I didn't mean that you should write it; I'm in the same position you are, with SpamBlocker, which of course is a lot simpler.

But someone needs to.

Perhaps the FAQ can be the only documentation, as long as it's kept up-to-date.

Jeff

The How-To is getting quite good; maybe I'll even install CustomBuild with our next build system (scheduled for about a week) to see how it works for me.

I can see some of the questions leading to other questions, though ... such as what happens if the admin chooses "yes" for new exim.conf file. Are all admins experienced enough to know the issues?

I was watching on CBS Television tonight (the show was 20/20) a segment on how the world is becoming so complex that the geeks are more and more in demand ;) .

I suppose for me, that's a good thing :) .

Jeff

Back