Remote DNS management and DA

NgtCrwlr

Verified User
Greetings,

I manage my own DNS records at my registrar. We are having a tough time figuring out how or if we should disable DNS on my accounts.

Everything for my three accounts worked fine for two weeks. Then we had a server glitch that required an OS (FreeBSD) restore and reinstall of DA.

We have managed to get POP and SMTP working for my accounts but want to make sure we have everything set properly.

Should all DNS entries in DA be removed?

Under Account Info/Stats (power user skin) which nameservers should there be, my registrars or the nameservers of the DA server even though I'm not using them?

Being that the DA server is my only mail server I would think that the use this server to handle my e-mails check box should stay checked, if so do we leave the MX record entry even though I have an MX entry at my registrar.

The catch-all accounts used to work fine when set to the default account, but since the reinstall the catch-all has to point to an add on POP account. If the catch all is set to the default account... mail just vanishes.

Cheers!

Larry "NgtCrwlr" Mingus

Hello,

If the nameserver for your domain that are *at the registerars* website point to an external dns server, then none of the settings on the DA server will have any effect.

The NS values that you enter into the dns record at your dns management site should be the same ns values you have entered at your registrar. They should point to the server that manages the domains dns records.

To use the DA server for mail, then just set the MX record to point to the DA server.

John

Back