Let's vote on features!

interfasys

Verified User
Why not send an email to every DA owner so that we can vote on features?

Everybody has its short list, but voting would make it clearer as to which features should get a high priority.

Maybe we should start by making 5 wishes?

We already know that some people need the chrooted env asap.

I need a true multilingual cp, but it probably has a low priority for most of you.

I don't think that voting is a good idea. I think that the forum seems to work perfectly. The only thing I could see is if Mark or John has something they wanted feedback on and posted a poll. Otherwise to many people can become a problem.

I agree with existenz on voting. These forums work fine.

But on features.. :D

Well, I'd like to see the ability to setup one server to handle DNS for the rest. Yeah, that and the rest of the Backup stuff John is talking of :)

A chrooted env is important too, but it is in my opinion lesser than the backup stuff, and it's probably more pressing than shared DNS.

Cheers! :D

By reading the forums, you don't have any information about how many people would need a feature and about the priority with which a wish is treated.

One can discover some of the next steps on the versions' page, but we don't have a long term vision that would let us plan things.

These forums won't give one the opinion of the *whole*, no they won't, but I say they will give one the general idea of what people want. I think it's more up to John/Mark as to what order they see each.

interfasys said:
By reading the forums, you don't have any information about how many people would need a feature and about the priority with which a wish is treated.

One can discover some of the next steps on the versions' page, but we don't have a long term vision that would let us plan things.

Look around the feature request area, the features that many want, many have commented on saying something in the line of "yes, i would also like to see that feature" - others with little interest only have the initial post - other advanced features have a reply saying not until DA v2... if you look into it you can actually see which features are requested more than others and should therefore get priority.

Chris

interfasys said:

Sounds like you think this is open source software :D . While I am sure John and Mark do their best to include everything we ask of them it is really not our choice. I am sure they have a plan and we are not privileged to that information, keep in mind that somethings may need dependancies to get it working the way THEY want it to work!

I think they if you really see a need for something post in the thread. If they fell like they want our input then they will post a poll. If you really want something added let them know create a thread and drum up support. I am not saying what you want is not important but for as little as you pay for the license you need to keep in mind how good the support, service and free features you get!

I would just like to see the ability to have Secondary DNS and a Backup Mail server HOPEFULLY bundeled into "DirectAdministration" server :D

Last edited:
Back