Becoming a hosting reseller

Status
Not open for further replies.

abc123

Hi!
I was wondering: How do you become a domain and hosting reseller without using any control panel? I own a popular design company and i was thinking of expanding to sell domain names and hosting packages.
Could some one reply to this and tell me how to do this.

Ta.

abc123 said:
How do you become a domain and hosting reseller without using any control panel?

You mean setup an account with DirectAdmin but do not allow users to access DirectAdmin? simply.... remove the DA login info from the welcome email (or de-select the option to send it at all) and dont provide them the DA login information, if you own the server you could change the port that DA runs on also.

Chris

Hi!
I was wondering: How do you become a domain and hosting reseller without using any control panel? I own a popular design company and i was thinking of expanding to sell domain names and hosting packages.
Could some one reply to this and tell me how to do this.

Ta.

Hi,
I see this is a major bump, but out of interest of others this might help and answer the topic question.
so i brutally help bump :)

it's quite simple, first thing you should have is a Hosting Reseller account from a hosting company.
there you will configure your hosting packages for your clients and manage backups/domains for your end users.
as for domain resellers , there are many places you can sign up as a domain reseller, for example opensrs

i did not follow the " without buying any control panel " .

* if you are referring to a hosting control panel , so a reseller account is exactly what you need, it's simply when a hosting company will slice up some room on their server for your usage, you don't need to deal with the licensing / administration of the server control panel.

* if you are referring to a Domain control panel, or a billing system - some domain registrars let you provide a "white label " API to control the Domain names from your own corporate website.

hope this hits the spot :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back