segmentation fault when updating da

Remco00

Verified User
Manually updating DA to version gives a segmentation fault.

Code:
[root@s02 directadmin]# wget -O update.tar.gz https://www.directadmin.com/cgi-bin/daupdate?uid=****\&lid=*****
--17:32:55--  https://www.directadmin.com/cgi-bin/daupdate?uid=****&lid=*****
           => `update.tar.gz'
Resolving www.directadmin.com... 66.51.122.131
Connecting to www.directadmin.com|66.51.122.131|:443... connected.
Segmentation fault
[root@s02 directadmin]#

Contact support!

You may want to check to see if your license has the correct OS listed. I had this issue after I update to fc6. Because of my license recorded with DA their server handed my server the update version for fc1 which was incompatible and gave seg fault.

Support can give you more info.

Thanks for replying, however the OS did not change. In the past we sometimes had more trouble updating DA trough the CP but the manual update always worked. Untill now...

Email to support send.

it seems like wget is giving you the segfault? Not the update itself..

I compiled wget and did a manual update. No errors but still the same old version (1.30.2).

The answer came fast from DA support:

Hello,

You're using Fedora 3.
Unfortunately, our Fedora 3 build system had it's power supply blow out while we were compiling the release.
It was mentioned in the mailing list announcement, but we have to build a new box before we can release the Fedora 3 version of the update.
You *could* try the fedora 4 binaries.. they *may* work with fedora 3, but we can't really be sure if they will or not.
Let me know if you'd like try them (you can always go back to the old fedora 3 binaries too). Else you'd need to wait until the fc3 box is fixed.

Thank you,

John

Update DA 1.31 Fedora 3 fails

Reaction from John:

Hello,

The hardware and drive were totally fried so we have completely rebuild it as if it were a new OS, it might be a few weeks.
*however*.. if you want to try the fedora 4 binaries, let me know as we can test them out. If it works, we may be able to drop adding the new box completly.
Let me know if you'd like to try it.. going back to the 1.30.2 version of FC3 can always be done.

Thank you,

John

Our FC3 servers are all production servers. So does anyone has a FC3 test server to try the FC4 binaries?

Back