Where is the database?

www.ckyshop.co.

I have just installed a database with DirectAdmin but I can't find it. Where is the database in File Manager? A

What should this be, 'Hostame or IP-address of the database server
The database server can be in the form of a hostname, such as db1.myserver.com, or as an IP-address, such as 192.168.0.1' if I am on www.ckyshop.co.uk

Thanks

Lewis

If the scripts you are using is on the same server as DirectAdmin then the host is: localhost. If you setup the database on the DirectAdmin server and another server contains the scripts then use a domain name (server.tdl).

If you are letting other servers link to your database remotly (ie: another server) you will need to:

Make sure you have a mysql root user activiated. Login as root in phpMyAdmin...

In phpMyAdmin (link in the MySQL Setup page) click on the 5th link down Privileges. In this page you will see a list of all the MySQL users. Look for the user that is conneted with this website and click Edit. Near the bottom you will see a table with this heading "Change Login Information / Copy User" Under the host field you can specify the host that will connect to the MySQL server (ie: db.domain.tdl) or you can type in % to allow ANYONE to connect with they have the correct username and password.

Back